The people of St James worship Jesus who came to show who God is and how to live life in response to this. Jesus offers hope, healing and reveals God’s compassion for this world. This means that St James’ congregation seeks to be a community where people can:
- Explore the God-given spiritual dimension of their lives
- Discover more about Jesus and grow in a relationship with him
- Engage with how the Bible relates to life today
- Respond in praise and thanksgiving to the God who is revealed through Jesus Christ by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit
- Serve God and their fellow human beings in the ways of love, reconciliation and justice which Christ demonstrated.